Lucia Harper

Choosing a top 50, under any circumstances it tough, but choosing a subjective top 50 is the toughest of the lot because I can put aside minor details like high art, exquisite cinematography, provocative themes et al, leaving the field wide open.

For today, I put myself in a state of mind in which I chose movies I would watch and have watched, repeatedly. You won't find any Bicycle Thieves, Third Men, Conformists or Children of the Paradise on this Subjective Top 50. They are safely ensconced on the Best Top 50 List. The following 50 movies have given me many hours of pleasure. It's evident that I hold the ability to make me laugh above all other qualities.

Runners-up:
Babette’s Feast (1987)
Big Night (1996)
Bugsy Malone (1976)
Cabaret (1972)
Far from the Madding Crowd (1967)
Funny Face (1957)
Ladyhawke (1985)
Liebestraum (1991)
My Beautiful Laundrette (1985)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (1971)

No comments: